I’ve caught most, but not all, of this March 25 interview. She sounds fascinating. Covers areas like investment and liquidity risk, hedging to reduce risk, interest rates and tactical investing. Suspect there’s an education to be had here if one has the time (30 minutes). Notes from later viewing:
- This is not a hedge fund, but rather a foundation
serving philanthropy and having a nearly infinite time horizon.
- Fitzpatrick uses the phrase “leaning into (market) dislocation” repeatedly
to describe adding to holdings when markets appear cheap.
- Gentle swipe at open ended funds which “have to play to the lowest common denominator” (ie - provide steady predictable but inferior returns) on investor capital.
- Sounds concerned about liquidity in treasury markets. Alludes to possible exaggerated reactions in bond market to macro-news or developments.
- Was approached recently by Blackstone about a position / declined offerhttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2021-03-25/soros-cio-revives-her-boss-s-legendary-risk-appetite-video