Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bigtime SECTOR Rotations

edited March 2021 in Other Investing
What was once "hot" is finally cooling off....ENERGY +17% over 1 month, while TECH is down -9%.

https://www.finviz.com/groups.ashx

Comments

• Rotation to value and smaller cap funds started late last year. Economic sensitive sectors including financial, health care, energy are advancing nicely while tech stocks are now trailing.
  • Yes. Warren Buffett made the move in the fourth quarter of LY. Selling Apple and buying Chevron.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/warren-buffett-berkshire-hathaway-make-1-billion-gain-chevron-stock-2021-3-1030158860

But I’m still sold on tech too. Might provide some better entry points.

• edited March 2021
    It is good to hold both when the bond yield settles down. Ability to move early enough on value stock allow one to capture the most gain. The year the growth and value stocks move in opposite direction.

Leisure, hotel and airline stocks will likely return to pre-pandemic level when vaccines are more widely distributed. This may take 6-12 months.
  • Dow ends at a record high while Nasdaq remains in correction — That hasn’t happened in over 20 years.....

The Dow has not notched a record high while the Nasdaq Composite has been in correction territory since around the time of the dot-com boom and bust on Aug. 23, 1999, according to Dow Jones Market Data.
  • This is why I have owned one stock in part BA-Boeing for 45 years and will never sell it. I am also 87 in April. There were times when I owned a great deal more.