Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Repugnant Party coup attempt

edited January 2021 in Off-Topic
11 (now 12?) Senators attempting an 11th-hour coup d'etat. Empty suits, no guardrails, no limits, no boundaries, no maturity, no conscience. Just like the tRumpster, they are demonstrating that they are capable of doing anything. And capable of not doing whatever they SHOULD be doing.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/republicans-joe-biden-challenge-electors-1.5859741

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Isn't that attempt boarderline on treason to overturn state certified votes?

That is the goal of Putin to undermine the Western country's democracy and their election process. Wildspread disinformation in social media and Fox help to spread these information.

They are also spreading disinformation on COVID vaccines. Isn't 330,000 death (CDC count as of 1/2/2021) enough ?
  • +1 totally agree, @Sven. Yes, indeed.
  • I hope Congressional leadership can take - at least - some action. As I understand it, 15 congressman from Michigan & Pennsylvania think the laws in their states were violated - well then, their own elections are invalid. Their seats should be vacant until they are each satisfied that the election yielded the correct result or a new election takes place.
    As for the Senate, I hope the Democrats are prepared to question the legality of changes to the distribution of drop boxes in Ohio & Texas. And surely there were some irregularities in Missouri - not the least of which is that Josh Hawley claims he lives with his sister in Missouri when in fact he lives in Virginia.
  • Rbrt said:

I hope Congressional leadership can take - at least - some action. As I understand it, 15 congressman from Michigan & Pennsylvania think the laws in their states were violated - well then, their own elections are invalid. Their seats should be vacant until they are each satisfied that the election yielded the correct result or a new election takes place.
    As for the Senate, I hope the Democrats are prepared to question the legality of changes to the distribution of drop boxes in Ohio & Texas. And surely there were some irregularities in Missouri - not the least of which is that Josh Hawley claims he lives with his sister in Missouri when in fact he lives in Virginia.

Oh, the games people play.