Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

T. Rowe Price International Discovery Fund manager change

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/313212/000174177320003678/c497.htm

497 1 c497.htm
T. Rowe Price International Discovery Fund

Supplement to Prospectus Dated December 15, 2020
In section 1, the portfolio manager table under “Management” is supplemented as follows:

Effective January 1, 2021, Mr. Thomson will step down as a portfolio manager and Cochair of the fund’s Investment Advisory Committee. Mr. Griffiths will remain as portfolio manager and Chair of the fund’s Investment Advisory Committee.

In section 2, the disclosure under “Portfolio Management” is supplemented as follows:

Effective January 1, 2021, Mr. Thomson will step down as a portfolio manager and Cochair of the fund’s Investment Advisory Committee. Mr. Griffiths will remain as portfolio manager and Chair of the fund’s Investment Advisory Committee.

The date of this supplement is December 21, 2020.
F38-041 12/21/20

Comments

• Does anyone has more background information on Ben Griffins? He is listed as co-manager who joined Justin Thomson since March 2020. I would expect this transition plan has been in place for some time - 9 months is a bit short. Perhaps Ben Griffins has experience co-managing other international funds.
  • Found more information on Ben Griffins at M* (including mis-spelling on his name)
    Ben Griffins
    03/01/2020 —
    Ben Griffins is a vice president of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. and T. Rowe Price International Ltd and an investment analyst in the Equity Research Team of T. Rowe Price International Ltd, covering European small-cap stocks. Ben has been with the firm since 2006. Prior to joining T. Rowe Price, he was an investment manager with Baillie Gifford. Ben earned a diploma in investment analysis from Stirling University and an M.Eng. in engineering science from Oxford University. He also has earned his Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
    Certification Chartered Financial Analyst
    Education
    M.S. University of Oxford,
    Other Assets Managed
    financials.morningstar.com/fund/management.html?t=PRIDX&region=usa&culture=en-US
  • Great fund. 8% of my own portfolio. Up 11.35% over 10 years. But it's a CLOSED fund. That won't help anyone who wants to GET IN. ..... The switch does not appear to be sudden. That, at least, is reassuring.
  • You are so lucky. I was late to invest before it closed. Now I am using a Grandeur Peaks fund with a higher ER. TRP has many great funds with reasonable fees.