Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Dow Average Jumps to Record as Profits, Fed Stoke Rebound

edited March 2013 in Off-Topic
Remember 6,547? I was on a business trip. Received a call recommending we get out of market...that's what some friends and relatives were doing. Glad to see this one through, finally, but sure hope we don't have another such collapse in foreseeable future. In meantime, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Dow Average Jumps to Record as Profits, Fed Stoke Rebound

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Now that there's the "record" flashing sign, you'll probably see another wave of retail investors drawn in with the headlines. There's a couple of things I'd like (O and COP are towards the top of the list) and a couple of things I'd like to add to, but am not going to do so in a market that will likely get more overextended.

From this morning: "8:57 AM The Investor Movement Index from TD Ameritrade - measuring clients' market exposure - had the biggest gain in its 3-year history in February, spiking to 5.14. It's the first time above 5 for the IMX since June 2011. Stocks bought on the dips included FB, DDD, INTC, COP, BIDU, and, of course, AAPL. Let us know when clients start bailing out of that one. Comment!
    "http://seekingalpha.com/currents/all

There's this:
    "12:31 PM Stock fund inflows have had a good 2013, but the 12-month totals continue to run highly negative, notes Ryan Detrick. They're minus $130B through February, marking 6 consecutive years of outflows. Comment!"

But I tend to think the inflows this year have been a bit too much too quickly. We'll see.