Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited December 2020
    Like the Roth IRA , reducing the amount of tax-sheltered money subject to taxation at any given time benefits the investor class while reducing federal revenues. While I prefer not shooting my toes off, it should be noted that taxes aren’t necessarily bad. I’m in favor of more taxation to fund things like better roads, more public parks and recreational areas and more opportunities (thru intervention / education / counseling) for the less fortunate among us who reside outside the investor class - some on the sidewalks of SF.

Note: Not sure why thus is posted in OT.
  • For me paying taxes is a good thing. Gladly would pay more taxes if my income increased!
  • edited December 2020
    A truly progressive tax code would be a nice idea. Seems to me that the tax regime we're living under is regressive.
    https://taxfoundation.org/tax-basics/regressive-tax/