Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited December 2020
    Good article. I've traveled a lot. I used school and then work as the means to do it. Living in places for a few years at a time, like a serial-location monogamist. When, after a few years into retirement, the time to leave that safe and secure address came, I knew it. Because it wasn't safe and secure, anymore. CRIME! So, I could not let inertia hold me there any longer. Family connections provided a new opportunity. And the marriage part? I still don't have to like it, but by now, I'm accustomed to the way my wife "communicates." Her ability to plan ahead seems to have a three week limit into the future. Even about major stuff. There are things I can easily agree to. But I have to say "no" to the long-term items on her wish-list which she seems to think are short-term items. Because "long-term" is not a thing she comprehends. ;) Changes? I can enjoy the beach again, since I discovered what water shoes are. The rest is easy: I need to get up to DO stuff only rarely. I LIKE that! I'll be so glad for LIVE music again, and the LIVE opera-on-screen, when covid is behind us. I use the local library a lot. I learn on YouTube. For FREE. And I give myself permission not to respond when my wife reminds me that she doesn't like the fact that she still has to work--- at age 47. :) LOL.
  • And how do you invest when you finally "have won the game"...some thoughts here:
    https://awealthofcommonsense.com/2020/12/how-to-invest-when-youve-already-won-the-game/
  • Thanks, @bee. Methinks that one was written for those who are not paying attention to what's been daily fare here at MFO.