Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Mark February 2020
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PDI And PCI: An Update To The Greatest Bond Funds Of All Time

edited February 2020 in Fund Discussions
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4325257-pdi-and-pci-update-to-greatest-bond-funds-of-all-time

Pdi And PCI: An Update To The Greatest Bond Funds Of All Time
Feb. 21, 2020 7:00 AM ETPIMCO Dynamic Credit Income Fund (PCI), PDIPGP, PHK, PIMIX...

The NAVs have done better in the last 30-45 days as the dollar has rebounded against the euro and pound. PDI's NAV was ranked 16th out of 22 last year.
They are defensively positioned within traditional corporate credit and investing in areas of the economy that they feel offer more downside protection.
While PCI remains a key income generator for my portfolio and the Core Portfolio on Yield Hunting, we have not been adding to it.
We have been saying that the best days for these funds are behind us. However, that is not to say they aren't still great core pieces of my portfolio.
The NAV for us will be key. If we feel the NAV is no longer outpacing the distribution on a monthly basis, we could be re-assessing our position in the shares
Thx Catch 22 for the pdi recs..bought it last yr and very happy w it mama portfolio

Comments

• That they are in my experience. Up massively since initial purchase but like AlphaGen I haven't added to them lately but continue to reinvest the distributions.