Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Civility and humility on MFO

There is a new belligerent tone in recent posts here on MFO and it bothers me. Some express their wishes as commands, some as sulking. There are people who post here who have a lot knowledge and experience in the mutual fund investment field who manage to share their knowledge with kindness and humility. I humbly suggest that their example be followed. I am hoping for a return to civility. Any of us who post something here may wish it to generate comments and to grow into a useful thread but I don't think that as common foot soldiers so to speak, that any of us should issue commands, or even demands as to how our post should be received or as to what sorts of responses are permitted.