Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M* Understanding American Funds' Equity Lineup: Text & Video Presentation

FYI: American Funds’ multimanager approach has long served its equity investors well--and should continue to do so, thanks to parent Capital Group’s strong, results-oriented investing culture. Indeed, 13 of the 14 American Funds equity offerings with a forward-looking Morningstar Analyst Rating are medalists, including 10 Gold-rated funds.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.morningstar.com/articles/944346/understanding-american-funds-equity-lineup

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Of the funds mentioned in the article Old_Skeet owns in my growth and income area ANCFX, CWGIX & DWGAX. In the growth area I own AGTHX, AMCPX, ANWPX, NEWFX & SMCWX. Not mentioned in the article I own ABALX, AMECX & CAIBX which are held in the growth & income area of my portfolio. Combined, they account for about 25% of my overall portfolio.
  • edited September 2019
    We own, or have owned at various times, the following of Old-Skeets funds: ANCFX, CWGIX, AMCPX, ANWPX, SMCWX, ABALX, AMECX & CAIBX. Additionally, AHITX, ANEFX, TAFTX, & AMHIX.

Very satisfied with American Funds overall. Investing with them for many years has helped to allow us to remain living in SF, and that's saying something.