Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M*: How To Tackle Estate-Planning Basics

FYI: Estate planning is one of those tasks that makes almost any other job look appealing, no matter how lowly--cleaning the filter on the vacuum cleaner, dealing with the Equifax breach, you name it.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.morningstar.com/articles/829271/how-to-tackle-estate-planning-basics

Comments

• This has been--- always has been--- a work in progress for us. Wifey is always beneficiary, as anyone might expect. And now, young-ish cousins are in the mix, since we'll be co-habitating. Wifey's side of the family treats me like royalty. Traditional Filipino-types. That might wear off, but not entirely, ever. So, I want to do right by them, and have begun. This whole subject need not be taboo. Reminds me of the required pre-marriage group meeting, though I've led couples through the same sort of thing. "What are you going to do, when you're arguing through the day, then bedtime comes?"

And one sweet, naive bride-to-be said: "We will just always work it out and reach an agreement before we go to bed." Ya, sure... Good luck with that.

The leader came to me and my wife and asked, in front of the group: "what do you think you'll be arguing about?" ..."That's easy," I said: it will always have something to do with money, sex, children and death.