Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

First Vegan Investment Fund Coming To New York Stock Exchange: (VEGN)

FYI: (This is a follow-up article.)

An investment fund designed for animal rights advocates and environmentalists, the first of its kind according to financial experts, is set to begin trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) next month.

VEGN, as it will show on the NYSE’s floor, enters the fray of hundreds of funds that consider environmental, social or governance (ESG) factors in their investment decisions but will be unique in going animal cruelty-free, experts said.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-climate-change-funds-vegan/first-vegan-investment-fund-coming-to-new-york-stock-exchange-idUSKCN1V91XI

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Cool.. In 25 yrs most of us will eat veggies because of global warming
  • Not a lot of meat to this article:)

I actually made a play on the company, Beyond Meat, just for fun. My son in a vegetarian by marriage (his wife is a vegan). They like the product and he bought into the stock when the IPO came out earlier this year. His investment is doing well. I'm a johnnie-come-lately, late to the show.
  • @MikeM; I'm told that without condiments, their burgers taste like cardboard.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited August 2019
    @Ted, I did read that about the "impossible Burger" they are trialling at Burger King. Different brand.

I can tell you, my ancestry is Polish and my mother and grandmother made the best Golumpki "ever". My daughter in law (1/2 Polish from Pittsburg) used her family recipe and made them using "Beyond Meat" instead of ground beef and honestly I couldn't tell the difference. My only experience with the product but thought it was pretty good.

But it's not what you and I think. We are likely to order that ground beef burger given the choice. It's what the many vegetarians in this world think that's going to matter.
  • @MikeM- So when tomorrow's headline informs us science has determined that vegetables also feel pain when sliced and diced then what the hell will we all eat?

:)