Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

60 Minutes Encore: Ray Dalio: Explains His Principles

FYI: The billionaire hedge fund manager says his guidelines are the key to his company's success. But do employees really want "radical truthfulness"
Regards,
Ted

Comments

• The bubble submarine is still the best part.
  • edited July 2019
    Great stuff. I watched it on 60 Minutes for the second time tonight. Almost posted to inquire whether anyone here has read his book? But Ted beat me to the punch. Got a lot of other reading on my plate right now. So it’s dubious when / if I’ll get around to reading Principles. Great interview for sure and some dire social / political prophesies as well.

If you don’t have time to view the video, Dalio, founder of Bridgewater Associates, is worth an estimated $18 Billion. He has pledged half of his fortune to charity. Appears a lot of that is going to go towards increasing the effectiveness of secondary education in this country.
  • This still applies from a link in 2017, regarding Mr. Dalio and 30 minutes of your time.