Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

There’s No Better Time To Be An Active Manager

FYI: With passive and quant strategies moving markets regardless of fundamentals, Jennison is picking up new investment opportunities.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.institutionalinvestor.com/article/b1gfk7pc5x32nl/There-s-No-Better-Time-to-Be-an-Active-Manager

Comments

• Sometimes these remarks sound to me like a salesman who says, "There's no better time to buy life insurance." What active manager ever says it's a bad time to be an active manager and it's a "passive market" as opposed to a "stockpicker's" one? I just wonder when is it a bad time to be an active manager. If you look at the actual historical stats for most of them--always. I believe there are good managers, but most aren't.