Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Preferred Stock Issued By A mREIT

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4274288-new-residential-investment-corp-another-fixed-floating-preferred-stock-issued-mreit

Preferred Stock Issued By A mREIT
Jul. 10, 2019 12:40 PM ETNew Residential Investment Corp. (NRZ), NRZ.PA17 Comments19 Likes
Summary

Overview of New Residential Investment Corp.'s new preferred stock - NRZ.PA.
Brief view of the company.
Comparison with the sector.
Where in the context of all Fixed-to-Floating preferred stocks does NRZ.PA stand?
Comparison with the other mREITs' preferred stocks.

Comments

• edited July 2019
    @johnN, I've seen that you like to buy individual bonds for their yield. Do you also buy prefereds for their yield? This is a new IPO. The article is interesting and positive towards the security. Are you looking to buy into NRZ.PRA?

summary from the article:
    Conclusion
    As fixed-income traders, we follow every one preferred stock or baby bond, which is listed on the stock exchange. As such, NRZ.PA is on exception, and the homework we always do we share it with the public. It is not necessary for the IPO to be an arbitrage and a bargain but in many cases, the new security happens to be better than the ones already trading on the market. ...Overall, I consider the new IPO an excellent mREIT preferred stock.
  • edited July 2019
    Hi sir MIKEM

We don't have that much preferred in our portfolio

Few we have preferred or hy

Our preferred portfolio ~0.5 %total
    (real estates pipelines biotech)

Duke Realty preferred
    Mnk
    Jnk
    CipPrb
    AllyPra
    Glopra
    Cnq

Maybe better get bonds or bonds fund... Best enjoy these vehicles after div dates... you have to watch 'em like hawks . They go up down Very quickly and loose money very quickly

Not buying this vehicle... I did bought dillard's bonds few days ago

254063AW0
    http://cbonds.com/emissions/issue/54235