Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Are Smarter People Better Investors?

FYI: Are smarter people better investors? Most of the traditional answers I have read on this suggest “No” or “not necessarily.” For example, my colleague Ben Carlson wrote about how some of the smartest people in society (i.e. doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc.) also happen to make some of the worst investors due to their overconfidence. Many of these highly educated individuals believe that their superiority in one field transfers over to investing. Warren Buffett implicitly agreed with this when he stated:

You don’t need a lot of brains in this business. I’ve always said if you got an IQ of 160, give away 30 points to somebody else, because you don’t need it in investments.
Regards,
Ted
https://ofdollarsanddata.com/are-smarter-people-better-investors/