Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How A 757% Gain Could Ruin Your Retirement

FYI: There’s a very easy (and costly) mistake you can make when picking funds. And plenty of folks make it every day.

These investors run up on the rocks because this error looks like a good idea, until you dig just a little bit deeper.

Today I’m going to show you exactly what this mistake is and reveal three laggard funds that just might tempt you into making it. The worst part? They don’t even pay you a dividend for your trouble!

First, the mistake itself: I’m talking about choosing a fund because it has one big winner in its portfolio.

Sound like nonsense? That’s what many people say when I warn them that just because a fund has one killer stock in it, that doesn’t mean it’s a good fund. But the truth is, this is a useful piece of advice that can help you avoid a big mistake now and in the future.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelfoster/2019/06/29/how-a-757-gain-could-ruin-your-retirement/?ss=etfs-mutualfunds#6781bf532f97