Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

India to impose retaliatory tariff on 29 US items starting June 16

Now this doesn't help the citizens of India; not unlike the POTUS's tariffs are detrimental to citizens of this country.
But, the intention is to put a pinch on "supply chain" from the U.S. In Michigan, as in other agri states; one doesn't have to travel far to discover the "supply chain" pinch from tariffs in the form of money to the farmers.
How long and how our economy will sustain the pricing increases headed towards the consumer will be discovered in the near future.
One may only imagine a full 8 years of this type of madness. OMG !!!

India Imposes Tariffs

Comments

• OMG!!!, another message that has nothing to do with investing !!!!!!!
    :(:(
  • Why the ruffled feathers, @Ted. Sure this is investment related. Many investment areas today, with the "tariff" wars increasing, are being impacted by these actions.

I know folks who have money in India investments, as with MINDX and etfs; who pay attention to such things.

iShares MSCI India Small-Cap ETF.
    Columbia India Consumer ETF.
    iShares MSCI India ETF.
    VanEck Vectors India Small-Cap ETF.
    WisdomTree India Earnings ETF.
    iShares India 50 ETF.
    First Trust India NIFTY 50 Equal Wtd ETF.

Have a pleasant remainder,
    Catch
  • @MFO Members: As you and I both know, this was nothing more that a backhanded slap at Trump and his tariff policies, and nothing to do with India ETFs. As former Bears coach once said. "Who you crapinn !"
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Tariffs and the growing trade wars have a lot to do with investments right now, arguably more than anything else. I don't own India-specific investments but I found this highly relevant to my investment thinking. @catch22, many thanks for posting.
  • I concur with @expatsp and @catch22 on this posting. Tariff has everything to do with investing and YOUR retirement. Now Fed Chairman Powell is being pressured to cut interest rates even when the inflation is below the 2% threshold. If the economy slows enough and enter recession, a rate cut may make sense. But to cut rate just to goose the stock market as to enhance one's standing in 2020 election, that is political!
  • @Sven- Political? Surely you aren't suggesting that the president of the United States would be so frivolous as to artificially manipulate the nation's economy, endangering our ability to respond to the next economic crisis, just to make himself look good. Why, he'd have to be a real dirtbag to do something as stupid as that.
  • TedTed
    edited June 2019
    @MFO Members: "he'd have to be a real dirtbag", Takes one to know one !
    :(:(:(