Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Josh and Barry Tweet Like Crazy. Are They Revolutionizing RIA Marketing — Or Just Wasting Time?

FYI: Country club chatter, fake laughs, and phony shoulder slaps don’t matter to a new generation of investors glued to their phones. Instead, authenticity, popularity, and the ability to entertain reign supreme.

Enter Josh Brown, co-founder, CEO, and public face of New York–based investment advisory firm Ritholtz Wealth Management
Regards,
Ted
https://www.riaintel.com/article/b1fn730zgdqvf9/josh-and-barry-tweet-like-crazy-are-they-revolutionizing-ria-marketing-or-just-wasting-time

Comments

• What's "RIA?" Brown and Ritholtz are two names I generally trust. Do they tweet too much? I don't care. This much was news to me: "...Though today Brown is the firm’s most public face, others play a public role, too. “We kind of have divided and conquered the media world,” says Ritholtz. “Everybody writes and publishes on the research side,” including Batnick, Ben Carlson (@awealthofcs) and Blair duQuesnay (@BlairHduQuesnay), who writes The Belle Curve blog..." If those others are of the same ilk as Brown and Ritholtz, they'll be worth reading or listening to...