Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

10 Safe Investments to Protect Your Money - investing 101

10 Safe Investments to Protect Your Money
Don't think article posted

-All safe investments come with a catch. They, alone, will never make you Bezos billions. They can, however, earn a little while serving another purpose such as being fairly liquid or balancing a portfolio. This roundup of safe investments explains their pros and cons to help you determine which investments best fit your needs. For even more detailed information, you may want to consult a financial advisor.-

https://smartasset.com/investing/safe-investments

Cd
Saving accts
Tips
Good grade bonds
Good grades munis
Bonds funds or etf

Comments

• @MFO Members: Own #3 , #4 & #10.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Old_Skeet owns #1, #3, #4 and #10.
  • @Ted & Old_Skeet: Are both of you sure that somewhere in your portfolios a mutual fund does hold some tips # 7 ?
    I have some in VG retirement fund.
    Derf
  • edited June 2019
    @Derf, I though about the very same that you bring up ... and, I guess indirectly I do through owning item #10 which is a bond fund. By having a good number of income generating positions within my portfolio I suspect that I do own most of the items noted in the article plus a few others as my commodity strategy fund has a yield of better than 10% and my real estate income fund has a nice yield of about 4.0%. Granted, they have more risk; but, they also generate a higher income stream. And, they don't offer protection of principal in the same way the items covered in the article do.
  • someone got paid to type this