Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Corn become far cheap

edited May 2019 in Fund Discussions
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4265929-corn-became-far-cheap

Corn become far cheap

Summary

Corn followed the beans on trade news.
Energy prices have been supportive of corn.
Ethanol moved higher.
The uncertainty of the 2019 crop year.
CORN is an alternative to the futures market.
Looking for more? I update all of my investing ideas and strategies to members of Hecht Commodity Report. Get started today »

Anyone dipping into corn?

Comments

• Not here. I'm still seeing last years corn crop with plastic covering it.
    Derf
  • I gain my exposure to corn (and other commodities) through my commodity strategy fund (PCLAX). It moves more in step with oil rather than corn.
  • Corn is used to produce ethanol which competes with oil on the global energy stage. So if you’re happy with the price action in oil recently, adding corn to the mix may hasten combustion.
  • @ hank:adding corn to the mix may hasten combustion. In the engine, market, or both ?
    Derf
  • edited May 2019
    @Derf ... combustion of portfolio
  • I gain my exposure to corn through my local Safeway. 4/$1.00 this week!
  • edited May 2019
    sold PHO few months ago. water ETF is bad took 30s% loss.
    maybe cheap to buy corn and oil now [if retards on both sides complies w/ Trade agreements]...Unless US have a major recession.

Emergent markets maybe heading to large corrections/early recessions soon > 10% down so far this yr from the high
  • edited May 2019