Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jonathan's Clement's Blog: Power Of Two: Your Wife Or Significant Other

FYI: I WENT FOR MY yearly physical. During the exam, my doctor asked me if I was in a relationship.

“Yes, I’m with someone.”

“Is there anything she would want me to know about you?” he asked.

“Uh, are you asking how things are in bed?”

“No, no, no,” he answered. “I meant, has she noticed any changes in your health that I should be aware of? For instance, any skin lesions, forgetfulness or problems with your hearing that she might have brought to your attention.”

I have often heard that people who are happily married live longer than those who are single or divorced. My conversation with my doctor backs that up. When you know someone intimately and see him or her every day, you know when there’s something physically or mentally wrong. Result: Medical problems typically come to light sooner—and treatment can be more successful.

Here are eight examples from my life that illustrate how a close relationship with a spouse or life partner can help you live a longer life:
Regards,
Ted
https://humbledollar.com/2019/05/power-of-two/