Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jonathan Clement's Blog: California Dreamin ! Not Any More

FYI: WHEN I WAS 10 years old, my Dad got a job offer in California. It was the early 1960s, we were living in Ohio and the local economy wasn’t doing very well. At the time, California was so desperate for factory workers that employers would run help wanted ads in local newspapers across the country.

My Dad, who was a machinist, answered one of the ads by simply placing a phone call to the employer. He was offered a job on the spot. The company paid all our moving expenses. Once we arrived in California, we stayed in a hotel, paid for by my Dad’s new employer, until we found a place to live.

It seemed like we had landed in paradise. I saw the ocean for the first time, there was an abundance of beautiful palm trees, no more bruising cold weather, and plenty of things to see and do. What’s not to like about California? It was a fresh start for our relatively young family.
Regards,
Ted
https://humbledollar.com/2019/05/california-dreamin/