Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jeff Gundlach Comments Today: Tariffs, The Powell Pivot, The Trap Door, The Markets

edited May 2019 in Off-Topic
Certainly a timely post. (You can observe today’s market carnage on CNBC’s screen behind Jeffrey Gundlach as he’s being interviewed.) :)

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/05/07/bond-king-gundlach-better-than-50-percent-chance-of-tariff-bump-happening.html

Comments

• Evening @hank

I believe I posted the NYSE chart recently, but I'll place it here along with SPY and the Russell 2000 etf. I believe the NYSE composite of the broad U.S. equity market is what Mr. Gundlach is referencing. Indeed, this composite hasn't been doing much, as shown in the chart starting at the beginning of 2018.
    I'll go with a 51% chance, either in favor of China or the U.S.; of something happening at 12:01 AM, Friday.