Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Michael Batnick: The Big Risk

FYI: James Holzhauer is rewriting the rules of the game. In just 15 shows, with $1.1 million earned, he is already the second biggest winner in the history of the Jeopardy!

Holzhauer recently spoke to The New York Times and explained how he thinks about his strategy

Would you describe the traditional way of playing “Jeopardy!” as overly risk-averse?

I would definitely say it’s too risk-averse. The funny thing is, my strategy actually minimizes the risk of me losing a game. There’s times in a football game where a team goes for a big TD pass. If you don’t take a risk like that, you’re not going to win. Really, the big risk is never trying anything that looks like a big gamble.

“The big risk is never trying anything that looks like a big gamble.” This is one of the most important concepts that investors need to learn.
Regards,
Ted
https://theirrelevantinvestor.com/2019/05/06/the-big-risk/