Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Boeing’s Own Test Pilots Lacked Key Details of 737 MAX Flight-Control System

edited May 2019 in Off-Topic
This is just a note to advise that significant additional information regarding the Boeing 737 situation has been added to the ongoing MFO 737 discussion.

Comments

• @Ted: I agree- The cesspool of Boeing management sleaze gets deeper and smellier by the day.
  • With the former discussion now exceeding 5 pages, a new thread is welcome. I’m now hearing August as the likely launch date for the reprogrammed 737 Max.

I know @Ted is a big Boeing fan - but Lordy, I can’t see how this ends well for Boeing. The costs of all this re-engineering and testing has to be eating them alive. And it’s time away from other projects. Lead times are big in this industry. Throw in endless lawsuits and airlines switching to different manufacturers and it spells trouble. They have a sizable defense posture along with work for NASA - so not going out of business any time soon.

Any big investors or institutions buying Boeing lately?
  • edited May 2019
    @hank- I rather like the continuity of having one major thread on any current major subject, but I also thought that it wouldn't hurt to highlight the nature of the new information with a supplemental "headline" post.

Perhaps I "misunderstood" Ted's response- I imagined for a second that he might actually be unhappy with the ever-increasing sleaze. ;)

Regards- OJ
  • @MFO Members: In order to seek additional attention, our one trick ponies and self proclaimed Boeing experts, had to clutter up the board with a new thread.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Ted: and WHO was it that unnecessarily boosted it into the "Discussions +" category, h'mmm?
  • edited May 2019
    Ted said:

@MFO Members: In order to seek additional attention, our one trick ponies and self proclaimed Boeing experts, had to clutter up the board with a new thread.
    Regards, Ted

Seems to be quite a bit of interest in both threads judging from number of views. (Some days @Ted boasts about how many “views” his threads have received - even if no one has commented on them.)

Boeing, as a Dow component, deserves to be covered here - especially if others find it of interest. Clutter? Folks may recall that Ted actually started his own 737 Max thread a few days after I started mine. But his failed to gain much altitude. Sour grapes maybe ...

https://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/48280/trump-grounds-all-737max-8-9-s