Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Here’s How Much Pro Golfers Earn In ‘Free’ Retirement Money From The PGA Tour

FYI: Most professional sports leagues have very generous retirement plans for athletes. In the NFL, for example, each player can put more than $40,000 a year in their 401(k) when the team match is factored in. But golf’s PGA Tour seems to enrich athletes the most: Over 600 pro golfers currently have more than $1 million in their retirement plans, and some have significantly more.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/hundreds-of-pro-golfers-have-over-1-million-in-their-pga-tour-retirement-accounts-2019-04-24/print

Comments

• I've thought about trying out for the Senior PGA Tour in retirement. They make pretty good money too. Biggest thing holding me back is they don't allow beer on the course while playing. That and my 18 handicap. Oh well.