Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Michael Batnick: Warren Buffett: How To Stay Out Of Debt: Video Presentation

FYI: In 1999, a young person asked Warren Buffett:

I was wondering, since the stock market’s so high right now, if it would be smart for us to get involved now or to wait until it goes down a little.

Here are some of the things he said.

First save money. Then worry about which stocks to pick.
There is no substitute for experience. Buffett tells a story about the first stock he bought when he was eleven years old. He remembers exactly what happened and how he felt.
He tried all sorts of different types of investing until he was 19 years old, including technical analysis. Again, there is no substitute for experience. You have to fail before you can succeed.
Write down your thesis before you buy something and then do a postmortem. He said, “I would always check myself. I believe in grading myself on everything.”
Regards,
Ted
https://theirrelevantinvestor.com/2019/04/22/how-to-stay-out-of-debt/