Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Simplest Fund Strategy Riding Stock-Bond Rally Is Under Threat: 60/40 Portfolio

FYI: For the vanilla fund manager, stocks rallying in concert with bonds has proved a godsend at a vexed stage of the business cycle.

The question is the whether the equity recovery fueled by the Federal Reserve’s dovish capitulation is on borrowed time as growth fears bite.

For now, the classic investing strategy that allocates 60 percent to equities and 40 percent to fixed income looks poised for one of its best quarters since the crisis, according to a popular benchmark.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.bloomberg.com//news/articles/2019-03-21/even-with-fed-shock-the-bond-stock-rally-looks-too-good-to-last?srnd=markets-vp

Comments

• M* tells me my fund managers hold collectively 5% of my total portfolio in cash right now. 59% bonds. 34% stocks. 2% "other." I've not been unhappy, lately. Good dividends being generated and re-invested, still.