Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Interesting: " They buy a little of the debt of risky companies at a discount, and then buy a much larger amount of insurance on that debt — so-called “credit default swaps” — to theoretically hedge their risk."
    Can a person buy $500K insurance on a home that's valued @ $250K ?
    Derf

• Wall Street never learns.

Prepare for 2008, redux.
  • Hi @Davidrmoran - Sir

Interesting read. Thankyou for the post
    In our hometowns so many new buildings and apartments vacant now, probably overbuilt. lots homes for sale also. home price at a standstill recently. Unemployment rate lurking up slowly.

Look Similar eerie pictures in 2007....maybe heading for major corrections/recession soon. we have harsh major pulls up ~ 10 yrs now. something gotta give soon I think.

I am hoping for the best but also preparing for the worst

No major change in portfolios thoughI probably can still ride through 3-4 more recessions
  • I have been reading about this corporate debt bubble for many years now going back to when oil was crashing in early 2016. I agree, someday in the future it will come to pass and it could be real ugly, even uglier than the naysayers are predicting. But it is the here and now that matters . And in the here and now risky bonds such as junk corporates on a total return basis have been making new all time highs seemingly on a daily basis since mid February.
  • @Junkster: Amen !
    Regards,
    Ted