Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Actresses Huffman, Loughlin Among 50 Charged In U.S. College Fraud Scheme

FYI: (No way their were ever going to let their kids become ditch diggers !)

Federal prosecutors charged 50 people on Tuesday in a $25 million scheme to help actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin, CEOs and other wealthy Americans cheat their children’s way into elite universities, including Yale and Stanford.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-education-cheating/actresses-huffman-loughlin-among-50-charged-in-u-s-college-fraud-scheme-idUSKBN1QT1WJ

Comments

• related AP: - Plane forced to return to airport after mom forgets baby in waiting area - lol
  • Happy to see my Alma Mater not on this college fraud scheme list-yet!
  • edited March 2019
    carew388 said:

Happy to see my Alma Mater not on this college fraud scheme list-yet!

They just haven't found anyone yet. EVERYONE is a Fraud. Most education is purchased. We just dont want to admit it.
  • The saddest part about this is that probably none of the well known will go to jail. The coaches and minor participants might, Lori and Felicity should see the inside of a slammer as well.
  • Well, that's kind of true VF. I purchased mine with a lot of long hours, hard work, perseverance, dedication and plain old stubbornness along with my own funds.
  • Guy Clark: "There's only two things that money can't buy--- and that's true love and home-grown tomatoes." Yes. And INTEGRITY.