Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Powell, Yellen, Bernanke to Appear Together on CBS 60 Minutes Sunday

edited March 2019 in Off-Topic
“Powell sat with Pelley this week in Washington, D.C. for a wide-ranging discussion that includes the Fed Chairman's remarks on interest rates, the outlook for America's economy and whether the U.S. financial system is vulnerable to cyberattacks. The interview comes almost 10 years to the day since Pelley's groundbreaking interview with then-Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke during the Great Recession. Bernanke and his successor, Janet Yellen, appear alongside Powell in one of the interviews for this report to discuss how they advised him to handle the job and the criticism that comes with it.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/federal-reserve-chairman-jerome-powell-gives-rare-interview-to-60-minutes/

Comments

• @hank You keep this up and we will start to call you Mr. TV Guide !
    Regards,
    Ted:)
  • edited March 2019
    Powell Tells 60-Minutes: “The Law is Clear” - Trump Can’t Fire Me

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/11/fed-chair-powell-the-law-is-clear-trump-cant-fire-me.html

Overall good interview. Powell was sanguine regarding the U.S. economy. Sees slow steady growth. Wouldn’t commit on future rate hikes saying the Fed is “patient” and “data dependent.” He did say, however, that the slowing economies in China and Europe, along with the chaos surrounding BREXIT, pose the most serious threats to the U.S. economy. Former Fed chairs Yellen and Bernanke said very little. One had the impression they were there primarily for moral support.
  • @MFO Members: The 60 Minutes interview was a complete waste of my time.. It was billed as a conversation between Powell, Yellen, and Bernanke. Powell didn't say anything new, and Yellen and Bernanke were nothing more than window dressing.
    Regards,
    Ted:(

P.S. I'm canceling my subscription to TV Guide !