Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jonathan Clement's Blog: State Of Change: Changing Economy In Oregon

FYI: I’VE LIVED in Oregon most of my life. When I was growing up, agriculture, logging and fishing were the state’s dominant industries. In the 1970s and 1980s, the economy began transitioning from one based on natural resources to one rooted in technology, travel and manufacturing. A few decades ago, companies like Weyerhaeuser and Georgia-Pacific were among the state’s leading employers. These days, Intel is the largest, keeping more than 20,000 Oregonians gainfully employed.

But it isn’t just Oregon’s private sector that’s seen plenty of change. There’s also been upheaval among the state’s colleges and universities—the world where I’ve made my living for the past three decades.
Regards,
Ted
https://humbledollar.com/2019/03/state-of-change/