Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Query: How is the Invesco takeover of Oppenheimer likely to affect shareholders?

edited March 2019 in The OT Bullpen
I’ve long held some A shares at Oppenheimer. They’re not on a par with the likes of TRP - but the funds I hold with them do bring something distinct to my overall mix. Invesco appears to have a much larger stable of funds, There’s some duplication (for example both have Real Estate funds). Invesco is front-loaded (as is Oppenheimer).

Concerns:

(1) Will Oppenheimer continue to exist (in namesake anyway) and continue to offer their distinct line of funds?

(2) How likely that some of Oppenheimer’s funds will be merged into goliath Invesco’s?

(3) Will exchanging Oppenheimer fund shares into an Invesco fund (similar share class) be possible without fee or load?

(4) Will the merger likely result in the departure (resignation or layoff) of Oppenheimer fund managers?