Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Mark Hulbert: 3 Things To Look For In Warren Buffett’s Annual Shareholder Letter

FYI: One of the most widely read documents of the investment calendar is scheduled to be released on Saturday.

I’m referring to Warren Buffett’s annual shareholder letter, which is contained in the annual report of his company, Berkshire Hathaway BRK.A, -1.92% BRK.B, -1.67% . (Here’s the 2017 letter for reference.)

Just because his letter is widely read, however, doesn’t mean it is properly understood. What follows are three of the most profound investment takeaways of his soon-to-be released letter, implications that I fear may otherwise be ignored:
Regards,
Ted
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/three-things-to-look-for-in-warren-buffetts-annual-shareholder-letter-2019-02-21/print

Comments

• In my opinion. This writer had no idea of what was in Warren Buffett’s annual shareholder letter not even close just a WAG.
  • Agree I wonder what Market watch pays Hurlbert. He used to have great advice and data when he was independent
  • If you compare AUEIX to BRK.B they are pretty close over the six years AUEIX has been in existence. But what's the point? If you want to invest like Warren, invest with Warren. I doubt the investment philosophy will change once even after the dies or retires.There has been little turnover in the top positions at Berkshire in the last ten years and the key people have been there for decades.