Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Kraft Heinz-time to buy more?

This behemoth (sp?) can't go in the toilet. But cutting divy is a real concern. What say you gurus out here.

Comments

• Bot a little today haven't owned Kraft in years. Wanted to stay tuned to watch the fireworks. Board members need to wake up and take control. Kraft has cheapened up their products to the point nobody wants to buy them. They need a reality check and start making wholesome products, customers will buy rather then doing acquisitions that are not good for stock holders nor their customers. Need to get Federal securities subpoena out of the way, fire the management that are a source of this problem and quickly get this behind them maybe even replace board members - who knows. Kraft has been an aggravation to me since they started producing singles many years ago. That's when things started to change.

Gary

• My rule of thumb in such cases is that there's never only one cockroach. Unless you're playing with tons of f-you money like Uncle Warren and can speculate, I'd wait a while for the dust to settle and see what else shakes out from all this. There are other names in the sector worthy of consideration, too.
  • edited February 2019
    Great minds think alike... Will add Brk.b slowly small diet portions ... Buffet is one if the best around.. Has brk since 2012 and cannot bail now...
  • @hawkmountain- Howdy, Mr Hawk... I'd be real careful here since Warren Buffett evidently stated that he had overpaid for Kraft to start with. If he, with all of his resources, screwed up on an accurate evaluation who knows what the setup is actually really worth today?