Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Josh Brown: The Time Jack Bogle Set Me Straight: Text & Viseo Presentation

FYI:

My colleague Nick accidentally came across this and I had forgotten all about it. But it’s TIMELESS! I’m so excited this exists…

It’s August 2013 and the S&P 500 has just been completely rattled by the sell off in bonds due to Fed Chairman Bernanke’s hint about the tapering off of QE stimulus, which was due to happen later that year. All of a sudden both stocks and bonds were hurting investors at the same time. I was at my usual gig starring on CNBC’s Halftime Report and we happened to have had a live interview with Jack Bogle. I asked him about whether or not the classic 60/40 portfolio of stocks and bonds needed to be re-thought in light of recent activity.

I already knew the answer Jack was going to give, but I wanted America (and my clients) to hear me ask the question and then hear me be set straight. And boy did he deliver. And – the best part – it turned out to have been great advice. He even says the line “Stay the course.”

I have goosebumps right now.
Regards,
Ted
https://thereformedbroker.com/2019/01/21/the-time-jack-bogle-set-me-straight/