Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

3 Reasons Your Portfolio Needs More Exposure To Emerging Markets

Comments

• Singing my song. ODMAX? Maybe the "lw" version.
  • edited December 2012
    Unfortunately, stock market returns and GDP have very loose relationship. The GDP might grow fast but it might not translate to stock market especially in emerging economies where share dilution is very heavy.
  • Investor is absolutely right. Here are two interesting articles:

Neuberger Berman

Vanguard

Kevin
  • Reply to @MaxBialystock: There are many versions of Oppenheimer Developing Markets Fund. A, B, C, I, N, Y, lw shares. I own the Y share fund in my 401k, ODVYX. This fund fits my investing risk profile to a tee, below average risk and a great upside downside capture ratio (per M*). I thank BobC for highlighting this fund in his posts.
  • Reply to @MaxBialystock:

Hi Max,

The Oppenheimer Developing Markets fund is attractive despite its bloated $28B in AUM. I would try and buy the lowest cost class, ODVIX (net ER 0.89%), which appears to be available for a $1K minimum in both taxable and retirement accounts at Scottrade according to a test trade I just made. ODVYX (net ER 1.00) appears to be available for a $50 minimum in Wellstrade retirement accounts, again according to a test trade. Just be aware that actual trades may not go through at these amounts.

I continue to favor EEMV (net ER 0.25%) in the LC/MC EM space, but I also like and follow ABEMX/AEMSX, HIEMX, and MNEMX. HERE is a scalable chart of these funds.

Kevin