Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Consuelo Mack's WealthTrack : Guest: Ed Hyman & Matthew McLennan: 2019 New Year Outlook

FYI: Part I of our exclusive annual U.S. outlook from Wall Street’s long-reigning king of economists, Ed Hyman with global portfolio manager, Matthew McLennan.
Regards,
Ted
https://wealthtrack.com/premium-mclennan-hyman-part-1-2/

Comments

• Well worthwhile to hear from Ed Hyman and Matt McLennan. Hyman is more optimistic and does not see recession until several years from now. Also he likes the newer tech stocks that create new markets. As usual McLennan discussed how he positions his portfolio (defensively) in today environment,
  • That's the first time I've heard them express fundamental disagreement over much of anything. The interview's pretty good for hearing both points of view.
  • Part II of the interview is coming, and I cannot wait. Nevertheless I tend to more agree with Matt McClennan's view after following him for a number of years. His thoughtful approach is particularly appealing particularly in today environment -quite the opposite to Cliff Asness (AQR funds).