Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• msf November 2018
  • Ted November 2018
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Which Markets Are Closed On Thanksgiving?

FYI: The stock market will closed on Thursday and will see an early wrap to the day on Friday.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/which-markets-are-closed-on-thanksgiving-2018-11-20/print

Comments

• Okay, the financial markets are closed on Thanksgiving. (I think we all knew that.)

Here's some information on the retail markets: Stores Closed on Thanksgiving Day
    It contains links to a list of stores open Thanksgiving Day, and to Black Friday hours.

Those are some of the regular markets. Supermarkets may vary:-)
  • @msf: If I thought everyone knew when the markers were closed, I wouldn't have posted the link.
  • My comment was on the headline, that spoke only about Thanksgiving. I thought you posted the piece because it was more informative than that: "The stock market ... will see an early wrap to the day on Friday."

That's something a bit less obvious. Especially since the bond and stock markets will close at different times. This too was detailed in the article but not mentioned in the headline, which spoke only about whether markets would be closed not when.