Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ben Carlson: Asset Allocation For Investors With An Appetite For Risk

FYI: A reader asks:

I recently started my first real job, and I am currently setting up my 401k. I am selecting my asset allocation. Using the website portfolio visualizer, I have been back testing different allocations. I came across an interesting portfolio that beats most of the allocations on the website (Sharpe ratio and CAGR). It’s a 60 percent small-cap value and 40 percent large-cap value. I selected this allocation because I am willing to take the risk, and plan to change the allocation as I get older. My question is would you suggest this asset allocation to a younger person who understands the risk associated with the portfolio and has time on their side?
Regards,
Ted
https://awealthofcommonsense.com/2018/11/asset-allocation-for-the-risk-tolerant/