Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Mark November 2018
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Barry Ritholtz: 4 Agenda Items The New Congress Should Embrace

FYI: After being locked out of power for the past two years, Democrats won a seat at the table in the midterm elections by taking control of the House of Representatives.

But what should the new Democratic majority focus on? During the past few years, I have been writing about middle-of-the-road issues where there are signs of consensus -- issues with significant economic and market implications that make good policy for the entire country.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-11-07/four-agenda-items-new-congress-should-embrace

Comments

• From the article: "I have no expertise in health care issues, so I will leave the question of Obamacare and protections for pre-existing conditions to others."

I don't either but the Democrats made this a front and center issue many times during the campaign and they should at least put it out there. Many voters said that it was a big concern for them. If the Republicans want to can it then the next election isn't that far off and voters will know what to do.

I would also like to see some action taken on/for the dreamers so we could put that issue to rest. Most of them have earned the right to be here and deserve to have the worry and heartache of deportation lifted off their backs. Again, if the Republicans want to can it then the next election isn't that far off and voters will know what to do.