Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

I Took A Psychological Test of My Investment Savvy. Here’s What I Learned.

FYI: The author like to think he's a decent investor. But it turns out he have a few blind spots: He focused too heavily on initial pieces of information when making a decision; and he may be overly cautious, prefering to avoid losses over making gains.

He found this out by taking an online psychological quiz administered by Syntoniq, a startup near Los Angeles that sells behavioral-finance software to advisors. The test aims to create a psychological profile of investors so that they (and their advisors) can understand the emotional drivers and biases behind investment decisions
Regards,
Ted
https://www.barrons.com/articles/i-took-a-psychological-test-of-my-investment-savvy-heres-what-i-learned-1541186762?mod=djem_b_Weekly barrons_daily_newsletter