Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How To Invest In Gold—Whether You’re Playing The Upside Or The Downside: (GDX) - (GLD)

FYI: Gold prices have rallied recently, but the metal’s behavior in recent years makes it a tricky wager for options investors.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.barrons.com/articles/gold-investing-options-1539918983?mod=djem_b_Weekly Feed for Barrons Magazine

Comments

• Miners are not all equal. Here are (10) mining operations that will be able to dig gold profitably even if gold drops to $550 / OZ.

ten-mines-will-make-money-even-gold-price-falls-550
  • Other interesting mining news. Chimata Gold Corp (CSE: CAT) owes a idle Tin ore that was operational in Africa in the 1990's. Its tin ore tailings dump has a large stockpile of Lithium (Lithium-rich spodumene deposit).

miningmarketwatch.net/cat.htm
  • @bee: Its tin ore tailings dump has a large stockpile of Lithium (Lithium-rich spodumene deposit). Just proves one mans junk is another mans treasure !
    Good investing, Derf
  • @Derf, word of the day...dump. You can take one...you can leave one...and sometimes you can go back and take (m-ore) out of what you left.
  • If the market takes a serious dump I think weed(s) will be a more profitable investment.
  • edited October 2018
    bee said:

@Derf, word of the day...dump. You can take one...you can leave one...and sometimes you can go back and take (m-ore) out of what you left.

@bee, I was vaguely aware Shakespeare uses some word-plays on dump in his works. I believe the term had some kind of musical connotation during his day (perhaps referencing a funeral dirge). Digging deeper, I unearthed the following:

Shakespeare, in his play Twelfth Night ... makes mention of "merry dumps," "dreary dumps," "deploring dumps," and "doleful dumps" ...

Cheers!

https://tunearch.org/wiki/Annotation:Peg_a_Ramsay