Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Tom Madell: How My Model Portfolio Funds Are Doing Against Their Competition

FYI: Okay, I give up. For years now, I have been suggesting that broad stock market index funds that invest in the entire market, rather than targeting specific stocks, may not always continue to be the best place to invest your money, especially as some of these funds seem to have become more and more overvalued. But, as I've also said in a few of my recent Newsletters, it's been nearly impossible to beat these stock market indices for a number of years now.

So anyone who did have most or all of their investments in stock funds mirroring the broadest indices, such as US total stock market funds and S&P 500 index funds, is to be congratulated. But many of us continue to invest in various other type of funds, both indexed and managed. If so, how your funds/ETFs have done compared to other funds in their same categories remains quite important.
Regards,
Ted
http://funds-newsletter.com/oct18-newsletter/oct18_new.htm