Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Stock Market Follows a Pattern In Election Years. Maybe Not This Time

FYI: Markets are by their very nature unruly, but they tend to follow some unwritten rules. For instance, the S&P 500has typically followed a pattern around federal election cycles, rising the least in years when voters head to polls, and rising the most in off years. This year, however, hasn’t followed that pattern. As a result, the good times that normally follow an election might not be as good after November’s midterm elections.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.barrons.com/articles/midterm-election-stocks-1538086186

Comments

• A subscription required read.
  • @Old_Skeet: OK ! OK ! we get it, you don't have a subscription to Barron's. Therefore I suggest you sell one of your 6,789 mutual funds and get Barron's for eight weeks for only $1.00 buck, cancel at any time.
    Regards,
    Ted:)
  • Thanks @Ted: I'll put your suggetion under advisement. Skeet
  • I click the link and I see the article, this post and others I've tried. I have no subscription.