Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Paul Merriman: These 3 Investment Products Will Help You Build A Portfolio For Life

FYI: This is the first of three articles in which I will show how just about any investor can achieve outstanding long-term returns using readily available low-cost products.

In this column, I describe the three most important building blocks of a portfolio. In the second, I describe some of the limitations and challenges of one of those building blocks, the target-date retirement fund. In the third, I outline a simple strategy that overcomes the limitations of target-date funds and is likely to offer terrific long-term performance.

By the end of that third article, you will have a winning strategy, and you’ll know the tools to help you put that strategy into action.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-3-investment-products-will-help-you-build-a-portfolio-for-life-2018-09-25/print