Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

A.I. generated articles, your opinion and/or experience

edited September 2018 in Off-Topic
During the summer period, I have viewed numerous written financial reports, generally about an individual stock/company; that read as though the numerical data is obtained and processed into what almost reads like a scripted format filled in with current data as needed. Reading these articles, I can almost hear what the report would sound like, if provided by a computer system. Generally, there are always spelling and/or grammar errors. Kind of like a young person who has not yet mastered the language or grammar, but close enough to provide a general understanding. I briefly checked the author(s) of the article....the lady, unknown, the man; involved with financial writing, etc.
The below is a current article that arrived at my email a few hours ago to provide an example. I will look for another article in old read mail.
Do you find the flow of this article....grammar, spelling, etc. to out of whack and have you noticed similar writes ???
ADD: these articles have not been from the larger news service providers.
OR: these folks are using voice recognition, like Dragon Speak to write; and the system is not finished being taught.

This article.....

A second article.....the writer, Jeremy? Are these, is this a template being used with "fill in the data" slots??? Can Jeremy make a living doing articles like this all day long ???

Thank you.
Catch

Comments

• edited September 2018
    I will not mate with a robot.
    I will never read an article I know was not typed by a human.

You get the picture.
    Sorry for the picture.
  • "that read as though the numerical data is obtained and processed into what almost reads like a scripted format filled in with current data as needed."

Sounds a lot like Ted's link posts. Maybe Ted is AI too.