Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Marie Dzanis: ‘I call It Revenge Of The Nerds Because We’re In Vogue, Finally’

FYI: (If link doesn't work, Google article title.)

Marie Dzanis wrote her own eulogy when she was 34.

The recently appointed head of Europe, Middle East and Africa at Northern Trust Asset Management was prompted to reflect on her life not by serious illness or the death of a friend but by a Versace suit.

“I envisioned success as being when I bought my Versace suit and I squeezed myself into this thing and I wore it to work, and I thought everybody’s going to notice that I’ve achieved success. They were like ‘Yes, you look nice’. I was like ‘Is this it?’”

In a moment of epiphany, the young woman reassessed what she wanted to get out of her career, deciding expensive possessions and being known for being nice was not enough. Far more important, she decided, was “leaving a legacy”.

Almost two decades later, Ms Dzanis is one of a small number of women who hold powerful positions in the fund industry. The announcement of her appointment in July to head up NTAM’s Emea business came just before Anne Richards was named chief executive of Fidelity International.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.ft.com/content/cff1477a-5281-32c3-84c2-85c20fdb92b3