Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M*: 2 Fine Global Funds Have Just Reopened

FYI: IVA announced this week that IVA Worldwide and IVA International, both of which have been closed to new investors since 2011, have reopened. The move should not affect the managers' investment strategy, and the funds retain their Morningstar Analyst Ratings of Silver.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.morningstar.com/videos/882738/2-fine-global-funds-have-just-reopened.html

Comments

• @Ted,

Glad you saw this as this was all I found concerning the funds some days ago. It was not clear that the funds reopened.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1437921/000094937718000216/iva-497.htm

• edited September 2018
    So funds opening in the interest of current shareholders.

Okay. So then those who buy the fund in 2018, if the performance sucks until 2023, will M* publish article how stupid investors are when they sell? What would IVA have done for shareholders it got in 2018 if this happened?

Don't be fools guys. Resist the temptation. Don't buy. Don't buy. Don't buy. Cramer in reverse. Wait a bit, let the funds make sells to meet redemptions from those who have ALREADY made money in the funds. THEN you become the "current" shareholders in the fund in the interest of who IVA should AGAIN close the funds. Then if they open the funds again, SELL.

I know what I'm doing. Waiting for the distributions. If you guys join me they will be really good distributions making it better for all of us who buy after the distributions.

Patience!
  • beebee
    edited September 2018
    Report: Top Global 100 Companies for 2018
    Global_Top_100_companies_PwC.pdf